Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

When to change clutch

City
Boise
State
ID
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Ford Fiesta SE
I have a 2014 Fiesta SE, 5sp manual. I bought it new and it now has 214k miles and I have noticed that when accelerating in 4th or 5th gear it's seems like I'm revving
the engine even tho the clutch is not engaged. In lower gears there doesn't seem to be a problem unless I have a few heavy passengers. Will I do any harm to anything if I continue to baby the car until the clutch just totally wears out?

City
STL
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Ford Fiesta SE
Sounds like it's time to change it. You could probably get away with going easy on it for a little while, but eventually you're not going to have a working clutch. The sooner you change it the better, unless you like having your car towed from the side of the road.

City
Sault ste marie ontario
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2015 Ford Fiesta
The longer you leave your faulty clutch you are going to wear out your flywheel by whorpping it due to heat build up. I am new to this forum
and my son owens the 2015 ford fiesta. I think the clutch is on it's out from what he told me of the symtoms.Is there anyoneout there that has change a clutch
on one. It is a 5 speed manual shift. Does it have that dual clutch in it. And how would I know if it does. Thank You Robert Piazza

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
The dual clutch thing was with the automatics. You just have a regular 5 speed. Changing the clutch should be pretty straightforward.

City
Sault ste marie ontario
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2015 Ford Fiesta
The dual clutch thing was with the automatics. You just have a regular 5 speed. Changing the clutch should be pretty straightforward.
Thank you I wasn't sure. Now I have to prep for the job. The laying on my back on a cement floor is not what
I'm looking forward too. LOL Thanks again for your input. Take care