Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta today?

City
Not-US
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE
Well, my son was driving and I was passenger. We stopped at the hardware store and then headed home. Shortly after rounding the corner from the lights in town we headed down the 2 lane regional road toward our house. Odd sound from car (Good Man! My son picked it out right away). Pulled over, popped hood and told him to shut it down. Sounded like an old school rad cap was bypassing pressure, I think it was the AC condenser or compressor suffering from poor operating conditions. However, the culprit was the cooling fan that had given up. Explained to my son that he will have to drive home and work traffic to maintain speed and a constant flow of air through the grill to keep the car from overheating.
Later that day I did some diagnosis, fuses, relay, 12V at fan, ground etc. I then pulled the fan as it wasnt working anyways. Fans, Fans, we dont need no stinking fans!!!
20240623_191621.jpg
I proceeded to drive the car to work for 2 days with no fan while taking the big divided highway to and from (no stops) and set the cluster to diagnostic/test mode so I could monitor coolant temps. Never went above 183F/84C even with AC on.
Needless to say, this was probably the easiest fan I have ever removed since fans became electric. It can all be done with a set of ramps & 1 screwdriver.
Considering the size of the car it would be counterintuitive, lol.
The new fan is in the car now and everything is copasetic.

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
You did the right thing by pulling out the fan shroud - that opens the airflow considerably - sorry to see it affects the
AC but knowing you got a replacement installed soon enough and now everything is normal.

Wow, all the work to that new garage is paying off for you already.