Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Sync 3 camera on demand above speed.

City
berghem
State
Non-US
Country
Netherlands
What I Drive
Ford Fiesta 2017
Hello guys,

I have my sync 3 modded, now I have a button on my homescreen for the rear camera on demand.
If I drive above the speed of 15/20kmh then I get a blue screen with the text that the camera is not available.

Is there some coding with forscan that helps?

Thnx

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
When you modded that Sync 3 unit, the SYNC itself senses the speed in which the vehicle is traveling. So if the speed side thinks you are attempting to work a menu function - the speed threshold to operate a menu function tells the system to stop and notify you of the condition. So it tends to think you're endangering yourself trying to do something that can be considered distracted driving.

That is what SYNC thinks, it doesn't mean that it is.

Did you try using the passenger seat-belt and clicking it in place? It may then stop annoying you because it thinks someone else is tuning or using SYNC so it will let them do it, Might need to put a 2-liter bottle or some weight on that seat cushion so the system can see "occupancy" and trigger this mode so you can fiddle with SYNC.

See if the occupancy trick works...