Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

p0238, turbo boost pressure location

Kacmotus

City
Newcastle-under-Lyme
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
2009 ford fiesta tdci 1.4
ive recently made, i say, an upgrade to my car, from 1.0 petrol to 1.4 turbo diesel, now im having issues with the turbo sensor, i feel as if it not kicking properly, acceleration is fine but OBD pops up with p0238 error code
i would like someone to help me locate, because i know a garage would charge a lot for a very simple thing, unless it looks to be a more rigourous checkover for it
ive looked at many youtube guides but cant seem to locate none the less,
my garage pointed at the MAF sensor, but since then i have changed it myself, cleard obd yet still pops up with same problem

also i have some oil leaks, but cant decided what it could

Attachments

tabijan

City
Knoxville
State
TN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 SE hatchback
I works guess the boost sensor is the thing with a green electrical connector on the elbow to the left of the Duratorq TDCi box.

Sixto
2013 SE 1.6 hatchback 135K miles

OP
K

Kacmotus

City
Newcastle-under-Lyme
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
2009 ford fiesta tdci 1.4
Thread Starter #3
ok thanks, is there a way to clean it out? because whenever i do clear obd it does kinda stay off, but does return, thanks in advance

tabijan

City
Knoxville
State
TN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 SE hatchback
It’s probably caked with oil and soot from the turbo. I think brake parts cleaner spray is safe but I don’t know for sure. That elbow sees pressure so oil and soot might get into the sensor where you can’t clean.

Sixto
2013 SE 1.6 hatchback 135K miles