Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Help needed with reading OBD scantool

Teunaarts

City
Eindhoven
State
Non-US
Country
Netherlands
What I Drive
Ford fiesta 1.6 sport 2009
Dear fiesta forum

Im a proud owner of a 2009 Ford Fiesta sport with a 1.6 petrol engine.
I really love the car but i have a feeling it holds back sometimes,
Especially with accelerating it feels like it needs some time to get to all the power, if i press the pedal all the way down it can take up to 2 seconds to release all the power

I have scanned it with my obd tool but i have no clue where to look!

Does any of you see any abnormality with my readings? And if so , would you be so kind to point it out and perhaps give a tip how to diagnose/ fix this?

Readings were done after reset ecu, clean filter, cleaned injectors, new sparkplugs, and cleaned t airflow censor!

Kind regards
IMG_20240717_160143.jpg IMG_20240717_160137.jpg IMG_20240717_160128.jpg IMG_20240717_160115.jpg IMG_20240717_160105.jpg IMG_20240717_160058.jpg

tabijan

City
Knoxville
State
TN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 SE hatchback
Were there stored and active codes before you reset the computer?

I don’t know the difference between long term fuel trim 1 and 3 on a single bank engine. 1 at 4.7 suggests the computer is compensating with a little more fuel. 3 at 32.8 suggests the computer it doing all it can to add fuel. In a US system with one long term fuel trim measure, 32.8 would set the check engine light. Assuming this is taken at idle, 22% load seems high.

I’m unfamiliar with some measures but I’d start with fuel supply. I don’t know if your engine has a mechanical fuel pressure regulator with a test port (read pressure with external gauge) or a fuel pump modulator with no return line and no test port (read pressure with OBD tool). Read pressure when there’s a load in the engine to determine if there’s sufficient fuel. Short term fuel trims spiking when accelerating led me to diagnose a tired fuel pump in another car. Symptom was lag in hard acceleration, normal performance in light acceleration.

Another possibility is bad fuel setting off the knock sensors and retarding ignition timing. To the extent you feel the lag, it should set the check engine light.

Yet others are faulty MAF sensor, significant vacuum leak, sticking VVT actuator, sticking variable intake flaps, etc. It takes some knowledge to diagnose these through OBD measures if they don’t have a specific fault code.

Sixto
2013 SE 1.6 hatchback 135K miles

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Excellent research - thanks to you both.

This may be something as simple as a failed seal or gasket on the cylinder head to intake, or the intake to throttle body. Onto it needs to have those two hoses one to the brake booster/snorkel and the other from the EVAP - seated to seal a leak.

If the idle seems to drift and "seek" it may need to have all those hoses, PCV included along with the seals - are good.

A simple vacuum checker might help for the MAF/IMAPT sensors can only go so far as telling you what they "See" versus what one really needs to know.

OP
T

Teunaarts

City
Eindhoven
State
Non-US
Country
Netherlands
What I Drive
Ford fiesta 1.6 sport 2009
Thread Starter #4
Thanks guys for your reply, i will first try to see what my short term fuel is at driving, and perhaps look into the vacuum leaking!