Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Fiesta won't crank

Mercurios2011

Premium Account
City
interlachen
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 fiesta se 5spd
Hello there peeps !!

While I quickly was able to figure it out , I just want to share a very simplistic culprit that we can over look when we are aggravated after having our daily driver have power, clearly hear the fuel pump prime and yet NO crank !

while I changed the clutch safety switch since I have 2 spares and it cranked , I notice the second time around having to really push the pedal almost to firewall to engage the key for ignition , then this morning it hit me, there was a blue plastic piece on the floor matt...

well it was the clutch bumper that had broke in 2 pieces ,I was already thinking "let me get that car in the air and see if the starter failed after 2 years or start chasing grounds, well it was simple fix and I just wanted to share with you .

Sometimes we freak out and loose are cool , then start looking in a hurry and completely ignore the simple stuff and jump to conclusion , So next time your manual fiesta wont crank after being fully powered , look for the bumper on the clutch pedal and make sure is still there,

if it IS then you can freak out! :LOL:

hope everyone is enjoying the summer !!:cool:

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Thanks!

Those little buggers are a hard to find item - they may or may not have those in the Hardware "Fastener" section at a local ACE hardware - but glad to see you got this one!

OP
Mercurios2011

Mercurios2011

Premium Account
City
interlachen
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 fiesta se 5spd
Thread Starter #3
Thanks!

Those little buggers are a hard to find item - they may or may not have those in the Hardware "Fastener" section at a local ACE hardware - but glad to see you got this one!
I took one from the help isle from a honda trimed it with a box cutter and superglue the thing ,so far is still there, I did ordered the right ones from Amazon ,pack of 4 for 7 bucks to have as back up