Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Fiesta 2016 Ecoboost P-shift limp mode

City
Pretoria
State
Non-US
Country
South Africa
What I Drive
2016 Ford Fiesta Ecoboost p-shift
Good day, I bought a fiesta 2016 1L Echo-boost Powershift, 10 months ago not knowing there is a wiring issue.
The car intermittently goes into limp mode with spanner light going on.
According to some old paperwork from previous mechanic, the wiring has rat damage but this was never fixed.
How difficult would it be to find the issue?
I do have a diagnostic tool, but it is fairly basic.
Thank you in advance!
Simon

City
Not-US
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE
Looking for wiring damage is pretty much strictly a hands on job. It would be helpful to have a multi meter and a circuit load tester (or home made version).
The search for chewed wiring shouldnt be too hard tho, they have to chew through loom and/or taper first.
Pulling codes might give you some insight as to a starting point.

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Also while looking - look for the areas that RAT-chew would occur, so that means looks for the chew evidence of Entry.

Usually this means the Strut/Wheel or even the upper windshield cowl and the wiper arms - although the area behind them is mostly open, the bane of all this; then, gets into the side fenders - where much of the vehicle uses insulation as a means to quiet road noise as well as add structure and rebound dampening when the car is struck in the front.

So look for areas that Rats would nest in, they normally leave a nest to urinate and excrement - so the nest itself may have signs of "watermark" showing the acids from the nests organic residue leaves a type of water ring or corrosion. But their feces and urine - the odor is everywhere and becomes far more noticeable as the conditions become more humid or wet.

You'd also have areas of finish in the engine compartment and even in the passenger compartment - where the shiny of the enameled paint and finish clouds - show up as trails they leave behind as they eat their way thru your carpets and seats. The strut towers themselves are non-edible but the rubber-polyurethane used for them deteriorates because of the acids in the urine and feces this weakens them and can fail when the strut strikes a pothole that throws the hockey-puck the mount is, out of the socket and now you'll hear clunking big time on every bump.

So the Loom under the battery is suspect as well as any rubber grommet that covers or seals a loom - so that means door panels and hinge points as well as under the gas tank will need inspection to make sure the rats didn't burrow into the loom to rest thru the winter and if they didn't make it - decompose there adding to the deterioration.

It's not pleasant.

Daveb40258

City
LOUISVILLE
State
KY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Fiesta Titanium Hatchback
Good day, I bought a fiesta 2016 1L Echo-boost Powershift, 10 months ago not knowing there is a wiring issue.
The car intermittently goes into limp mode with spanner light going on.
According to some old paperwork from previous mechanic, the wiring has rat damage but this was never fixed.
How difficult would it be to find the issue?
I do have a diagnostic tool, but it is fairly basic.
Thank you in advance!
Simon

Did you ever find the cause of your crank no start??