Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Display change trying to keep the rear camera as standard.

Alest180

City
Lucca
State
Non-US
Country
Italy
What I Drive
2016 fiesta st180 1.6 182cv
Good evening everyone, Good evening everyone, I just signed up and I wanted to ask you this question, I am the owner of a fiesta St180 of 2016, European model (I am Italian) I would like to change the display of the synchronization I have problems with the video cable of the rear camera, someone knows if there are adapters, I attach photos , the first is the original Ford connector, the second is the cable to connect the rear camera of the new display I hope some of you can help me. Thank you very much.

Attachments

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
This is the best schematic I can help with...

1726109183847.png
You have a 4-wire system, Ford uses a 6-wire system - with 2 wire wrapped in a coaxial shield - which is in the above diagram - that black wire with square on point - as shield and uses Ferrite Beads to reduce RF noise

So video "live feed" is "Brown - violet stripe" for positive while the negative side is GREY - Green Stripe.

Shield bonds to Black with Blue stripe is chassis ground.

Power to the camera is thru a White with Blue Stripe wire while the "trigger" to turn the video on or off, is Violet (solid)

But more importantly - is the PIN OUT pins used.

Connector: Purpose
Pin used
Pin 1 Power
Pin 2 Trigger
Pin 3 Video +
Pin 4 Video -
Pin 5 Ground (Chassis)
Pin 6 Shield

OP
Alest180

Alest180

City
Lucca
State
Non-US
Country
Italy
What I Drive
Thread Starter #3
thank you very much, sorry but I'm not very expert in simpler words, should I take the original Ford cable and connect the wires in the cable of the new Display?

OP
Alest180

Alest180

City
Lucca
State
Non-US
Country
Italy
What I Drive
Thread Starter #4
But the Ford cable only has 4 pins.

OP
Alest180

Alest180

City
Lucca
State
Non-US
Country
Italy
What I Drive
Thread Starter #5
I'm not mounting an original but an aftermarket display.

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Ok, the "parking aid" camera cable uses a shield and ties shield and Ground together Which is back at the case - the Video Negative is left out unconnected - it is now part of the shield and ground cable.

Sorry to not have updated this - got pulled away - get that a lot this season. Been very busy at work.

OP
Alest180

Alest180

City
Lucca
State
Non-US
Country
Italy
What I Drive
Thread Starter #7
Do you think there are adapters that go from the original ford connector to the RCA connector of the new display?

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Do you have access to computer pin headers (Male side) and their connectors (Female side)?

Because; the size of those pins and their spacing reminds me of the days of the older '386 PC in the AT or XT format that have pin header risers that may fit the connector pin-out per spacing and size.

All you have to do is set up the header to fit the wiring needs of that connector - test and rewire as needed and simply epoxy or dip in liquid tape to seal the connection.

1726364530173.png