Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Coolant return line blockage

Ashleyc

City
Johannesburg
State
Non-US
Country
South Africa
What I Drive
Ford Fiesta 2005 1.6 duratec
Good day all, im new here. Pleased to meet you all.
I have an issue i hope someone can give advice on.
I have a 2005 fiesta 1.6 duratec
I was having intermittent over heating issues after flushign the coolant. the temp needle would raise quite fast and usually drop just as fast. After a head gasket chemical test (passed) i changed the thermostat and temp sensor, and the problem is still there. So my mechanic discovered the coolant return from the head is blocked, as in air tight. He cleared some gunk our the little 90 degree metal bend pipe on the head, buts its still blocked in the head.
It makes sense that since changing the coolant i have had issues because i could possibly not fill the head with water if the air cannot escape.
We are battling to prod a wire wire down there, air compressor, just no luck and running out of ideas. I really done want to take the head off if i can help it.
Im now thinking putting the little rubber hose on, make it face upright and pour radiator flush down in the hopes it will soak a bit.
Anyone had this problem and any advice of a non invasive way of clearing the blockage?
Thank you all