Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Bike carrier

Jen

City
Ipswich
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
2018 Fiesta
Hi. I would be super grateful for any advice here. I have a 2018 Ford Fiesta Zetec and am struggling to know how to transport two bikes safely as they won't fit in the boot! I ordered a rear bike rack from Halfords based on information on their website about suitability for my car - but then when it came to fitting, they said they couldn't do it due to the plastic spoiler being at risk of cracking. There is hardly anything showing as available on the Ford accessory page for my make and model. Please help! Thanks so much, Jen x

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Hello, Jen. I would be looking at cargo bars for the roof like those from Thule and then getting bike carrier attachment brackets. I believe that would allow you to haul two bicycles and not require you to remove the front wheels. I have seen that the front wheels had to be removed from bikes being carried in “bumper hitch type carriers” because of road clearance issues. I don’t like the idea of having to partially disassemble a bike to haul it.

OP
J

Jen

City
Ipswich
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
2018 Fiesta
Thread Starter #3
Great - thank you so much for taking the time to reply.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
scotman Exterior Cosmetic & Lighting Modifications 14