Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

2019 Ford Fiesta ST with automatic?

City
Las Vegas
State
NV
Country
United States
What I Drive
2000 Mercedes-Benz SLK
I know it's heresy to drive a Fiesta with an automatic tranny, but I need one for the better half. 😂 I reviewed a 2012 Fiesta ST with Recaro seats during a Ford media day in San Francisco and fell in love. Now that my Mercedes is beginning to fail, I am searching for a 2019 ST.

Then, I ran into two ST window stickers that said the car came equipped with a 6-SPEED POWERSHIFT AUTO TRANS (MSRP 1,095.00). A dealer rep tells me this “looks like someone added it as an optional build for a pre-order.” Let me know if anyone on this forum sees any like these for sale. 😉

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Many used car equipment databases can be loaded with information that isn’t correct. No ST Fiesta was ever built or sold with an automatic transmission. Originally, all “ST” designation on Ford cars indicated that it was a manual transmission vehicle. If you want an ST it would be a manual transmission, period.
Then Ford decided to expand the ST models to include the Explorer and the Edge, which have rarely offered any manual transmission versions. So, you can have the automatic transmission in an ST model if you buy an Edge or Explorer. I think most people will agree that the automatic transmission is not as sporty as a manual shift.
There is a good selection of used Edge and Explorer ST on sales lots. A coworker of mine bought a used Edge ST last spring for his wife and she loves it.

OP
U
City
Las Vegas
State
NV
Country
United States
What I Drive
2000 Mercedes-Benz SLK
Thread Starter #3
Well, here's the window sticker, so I'm wondering too. :unsure:

2019 Ford Fiesta ST Window Sticker AUTOMATIC.jpg

City
KALAMAZOO
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Fiesta S
The ST Line isn't the same as the ST. The ST Line is the base fiesta with the ST cosmetic features and maybe some slight suspension changes. It still has the NA 1.6 engine.

OP
U
City
Las Vegas
State
NV
Country
United States
What I Drive
2000 Mercedes-Benz SLK
Thread Starter #5
Haha, never mind, I didn't see that huge LINE in the middle of the sticker! :ROFLMAO: