Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

2012 Fiesta starting issues

City
Lake Orion
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 Ford Fiesta
Hi guys,
my sons 2012 Fiesta randomly doesn't want to crank and the shift selector is stuck in park.
I did all the ground cleaning, new battery but did not solve the problem. Brake lights do come on when the issue occurs.
There are no check engine lights and all modules are clear according to the FORscan software. Its shows its in Part on the dash.
Some time, using the little lever to overwrite the safety in the shift lever, putting it in Neural makes it start. But not always.
Turning the key you can hear the computer do something but its not cranking at all. Its missing something.
Also if I get it to start, it will start over and over no problem until I drive it for 10+ minutes and then chances are high it will not start again.
I was searching a lot for the combination of the two but couldn't find anything outside the grounds and battery as well as the break pressure switch.
Any ideas of what else it could be will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks guys!