Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

2009 1.4D Vacuum Servo/Booster change

JackBstd

City
Swansea
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
2009 Fiesta Edge
Evening all, first post here, I have (I believe) a failed brake vacuum servo and according to my Haynes Manual it looks an absolute nightmare to change. I was wondering has anybody discovered a way that does not involve removing the exhaust disconnecting engine mounts and moving the whole engine to one side. This is only my daily run-around, the vehicle has been a wonderful car, but I am really not in the mood to wrestle with exhaust bolts that have 15 years of corrosion on them, especially for a car that is worth only a few pounds. I would however like to keep it on the road. Find it very difficult to understand why Ford has made changing the servo such a task, its usually as simple as undoing a couple of bolts and a clip or two.

TIA

tabijan

City
Knoxville
State
TN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 SE hatchback
I’m not familiar with RHDs or Diesels but are you sure it’s not the vacuum pump?

Sixto
2013 SE 1.6 hatchback 135K miles

OP
J

JackBstd

City
Swansea
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive